|Title||Oshkosh Yacht Club|
|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
|Description||Colored transparent slide of the former Oshkosh Yacht Club,Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Winnebago County.|
Oshkosh Yacht Club
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Radig, Dan|
Colored transparent slide of the former Oshkosh Yacht Club, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Winnebago County.
The former property of Richard Harney at the foot of Washington Ave. was purchased for $9,000 in 1903. The clubhouse was completed in 1903 at a cost of $13,000. A member of the club by the name of W. J. Gunning was sent to Chicago to select furnishings for the building which brought the final investment to $30,000. By 1918, the club membership was depleted to the point that the building was sold to the city of Oshkosh for municipal purposes, although it was still used by the club. On March 8, 1927 the club repurchased the building from the city, but by 1932, the building had been sold again this time to the American Legion.
*Note: The slide images are sharper than they appear in the scans.