|Title||Yacht Club Dock|
|Object Name||Postcard, Lithographic|
|Description||A color lithographic postcard showing sailboats & steam yachts at the dock of the Oshkosh Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.|
Inland Lakes Yachting Association
Oshkosh Yacht Club
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Radig, Dan|
A lithographic postcard showing sailboats, steam yachts and people at the dock of the Oshkosh Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The former property of Richard Harney at the foot of Washington Ave. was purchased for $9,000 in 1903. The clubhouse was completed in 1903 at a cost of $13,000. A member of the club by the name of W. J. Gunning was sent to Chicago to select furnishings for the building which brought the final investment to $30,000. By 1918, the club membership was depleted to the point that the building was sold to the city of Oshkosh for municipal purposes, although it was still used by the club. On March 8, 1927 the club repurchased the building from the city, but by 1932, the building had been sold again this time to the American Legion.
Same as p2003.20.951