|Title||The Cellar, Anckerson Candy Shop|
|Object Name||Postcard, Photographic|
|Description||Gelatin print on postcard of The Cellar, Anckerson Candy Shop.|
Anckersen, Alvin C.
Small Commercial Enterprises
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Cross, Scott|
Interior view of "The Cellar" of the Anckerson Candy Shop. Booths, tables and chairs are visible and the walls and floors have been painted to resemble stones. The shop and restaurant were briefly owned and operated by Alvin C. Anckerson (also spelled Anckersen) from 1927 until 1929 and was located at 161A Main Street in Oshkosh.
Alvin C. Ankersen was born in Oshkosh June 7, 1900, the son of Danish immigrants, James C. and Bertha Elser Anckersen. He worked in his father's Wholesale Grocery business, Ankersen-Hansen, and from 1927 ran the Ankerson Candy shop, until they declared bankruptcy in 1929.