|Title||Interior at Badger Lumber Company|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Description||Gelatin print of the Interior at Badger Lumber Company|
Badger Lumber Company
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Collection||Thomas Stanley Ginsberg|
|Cataloged by||Cross, Scott|
View of the interior of Badger Lumber Company. Men are seen working at tables and machines with pieces of wood.
Formerly the Campbell & Cameron Company, Badger Lumber and Manufacturing Company started in 1915 by B. H. Boyton. The plant burned down January 3, 1923 and was rebuilt that year. They manufactured furniture: kitchen tables; ironing boards; smoking stands, etc. In the late 1930s they began making dinette sets. Joseph F. Robineau had started Dearborn Company in Chicago and bought Badger in 1923. Thomas S. Ginsberg took over the company as president in 1967 and became president of Dearborn in 1978. The company closed down in 1982.