|Title||Winnebago County Court House|
|Object Name||Postcard, Photographic|
|Description||Photographic postcard of the Winnebago County Court House.|
Winnebago County Court House
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Cross, Scott|
View of the new Winnebago County Court House in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The site of the Clark and Kennedy homes on the Northwest corner of Jackson and Algoma was selected for the new Winnebago County Court House in December, 1935 for $50,000. The firm of Granger & Bollenbacher were the architects and Lundoff - Bicknell were chosen as the contractors. The first shovel of dirt was turned on January 13, 1937. On July 29, 1937, the corner stone was laid. The building was dedicated on July 27, 1938.