|Title||US Post Office in Oshkosh|
|Object Name||Postcard, Lithographic|
|Description||Color Lithographic postcard showing the 1890 post office at Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Winnebago County.|
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Cross, Scott|
This view shows the southeastern exposure of the building along Washington & Jefferson St.
The third US Post Office building in Oshkosh was located on Washington Avenue at the northeast corner with Jefferson Street. This government building was designed between 1886 and 1888, by architects Mifflin E.Bell and William A. Freret in Washington. In May 1888, architect William Waters was assigned to supervise construction. Dumesnil Brothers of Louisville, Kentucky were the contractors. The building was was completed in 1890. It was used until 1931, when a new post office was completed on Washington and Court St. The old post office was torn down in 1939.