|Object Name||Postcard, Lithographic|
|Description||Lithographic postcard showing the Athearn Hotel in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, from High and Main St..|
Athearn, George W., Sr.
|Copyright||Oshkosh Public Museum|
|Cataloged by||Radig, Dan|
Lithographic postcard showing the Athearn Hotel in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, from High and Main St.. Postmarked: 5-20-1907
The Athearn Hotel was owned by George W. Athearn, Sr. and the Oshkosh Hotel Company, made up of many Oshkosh businessmen. It was designed by William Waters in 1886 and construction began in 1889 and built by Williamson & Meyer and completed in 1891. It was completely furnished by Oshkosh furniture manufacturer's products. It occupied a city block bounded by High Avenue, Market, and Division. It was one of the largest hotels in the state of Wisconsin. It was demolished in the 1960s.